Pages

Amber Alert

Top Ten Tuesday - Why I Love My Home

A little over four years ago I moved into this house. The last house I lived in had flooded five times in an 8 week period. At times, my washer and dryer were floating in the basement. There were so many things wrong with that house but I had run out of time to find a HUD approved place before I lost my HUD status, so for a few years we lived in a house where dust in the pipe-work regularly caught on fire, where we dealt with a dirt basement floor, where mold had grown so badly that my daughter became allergic. Ugh.

Thankfully, I finally found a better place, physically, literally, emotionally. Hooray!


Why I Love My Home

  1. Comfortable.
  2. Cement floor in basement.
  3. Clean.
  4. Dining Room transformed into office and craft studio.
  5. New windows.
  6. Old, beautiful woodwork.
  7. Closets (old house only had one).
  8. Wraparound front porch.
  9. Back porch.
  10. Eat-in kitchen.

To join the Top Ten Tuesday meme, go to Oh Amanda.

5 cherished words:

Unknown said...

I LOVE that porch! Enjoy the closet and craft space!

Christi said...

Oh goodness! It sounds like that was one move that was a huge blessing.

Vincetastic said...

I love my home because it is in California.

Cinder Rail'lee said...

I'd love to have a cute house like that! Sorry to hear your last home flooded =(

Unknown said...

Yes, you are right, Christi, it was/is a blessing to have moved to this house.

Thanks for the kind words, everyone.

 
Bookmark and Share