Take the time to brainstorm. No complete sentences, no fixing punctuation, no adjusting the grammar; just write.
Think of one word that is important to you. It can be any word as long as it means something to you. Some ideas: love, family, friendship, marriage, parenting, focus, cherish.
Look up that word in the dictionary. Write the definition down.
Now let your mind wander and write down what you are thinking.
Here is a sample I am working on right now so you get an idea. The word chosen is family.
fam·i·ly (fm-l, fml) pl. fam·i·lies
- A fundamental social group in society typically consisting of one or two parents and their children.
- Two or more people who share goals and values, have long-term commitments to one another, and reside usually in the same dwelling place.
- All the members of a household under one roof.
- A group of persons sharing common ancestry.
- Lineage, especially distinguished lineage.
- A locally independent organized crime unit, as of the Cosa Nostra.
- A group of like things; a class.
- A group of individuals derived from a common stock: the family of human beings.
- Biology -- A taxonomic category of related organisms ranking below an order and above a genus. A family usually consists of several genera.
- Linguistics -- A group of languages descended from the same parent language, such as the Indo-European language family.
- Mathematics -- A set of functions or surfaces that can be generated by varying the parameters of a general equation.
- Chemistry -- A group of elements with similar chemical properties.
Chemistry A vertical column in the periodic table of elements.
- Of or having to do with a family: family problems.
- Being suitable for a family: family movies.
ETYMOLOGY: Middle English familie, from Latin familia, household, servants of a household, from famulus, servant
My random thoughts are listed below:
loss of twin
oldest son given up for adoption
good mom ???
1 foster sister
teach right from wrong
one child gifted
one child slower
As you can see the mind can wander.