This is a new day. You have been given this day to use as you will. You can waste it or put it to good use. What you do today is important because you are exchanging a day of your life for it. When tomorrow comes this day will be gone forever; in its place is something that you have left behind. Let today be something good!
Start by typing in items in your pantry or your bar, and they'll show you what you can make.
You can utilize RecipeMatcher to keep track of the groceries you have at home. This will enable you to quickly see what you can make with the groceries you have.
Find appetizer, meal, dessert, and drink ideas you can prepare with what's already in your pantry. It was pretty interesting to find things I could make using the things I already had available in my home.
- Open a link in a new tab in the background -- Ctrl-Click
- Open a new tab -- Ctrl-T
- Open a new tab from the address bar -- Alt-Enter
- Switch between tabs -- Ctrl-Tab
- Close current tab -- Ctrl-W
- Switch to a tab -- Ctrl-Number
- Open quick tabs -- Ctrl-Q
- Add site to your favorites -- Ctrl-D
- Put focus on the information bar -- Alt-N
- Give focus to the address bar -- Alt-D
- Go to the toolbar search box -- Ctrl-E
- Open your search query in a new tab -- Alt-Enter
- Bring down the search provider menu -- Ctrl-Down Arrow
That's right, the ever so popular Yahoo! Messenger now works with Windows Vista! So, if you're an avid Yahoo! Messenger user who now uses the Windows Vista operating system, you're in luck. You no longer have to live without Yahoo! just because you have a Vista computer. The new release is still in the beta stage, but it works great and it has tons of new features that will just blow you away. Let's check them out.
First of all, the new version of Yahoo! Messenger comes with a brand new specialized interface that really focuses on all the features Vista has to offer. It also comes with several new skins to choose from that are good for an entire instant message window or an individual conversation. There are more emoticons to choose from, you can send files up to 2 GB in size, and there's even a new spell checker that works as you type.
There's also a new feature called Contact Zooming that gives you even more detailed information about all of your friends, there are new mail alerts and notifications, and there's now an option to connect with your friends with free SMS messaging or PC to PC Calling. And that's just the tip of the iceberg!
Does your child know the difference between a house and a home?
A while back a house caught fire and burned down. A local journalist went to cover the story. Upon arriving at the site, the reporter found a little boy. The child was standing in the midst of ashes and ruins. The reporter asked the boy what his family would do without a home. “Oh, we still have a home, we just don’t have a house to put it in” the child replied.
Does your family know the difference between a house and a home?
Remember your family first.
Paper is so 1908. In 2008, there is no reason not to have a searchable PDF of every important document you own: your birth certificate, driver's license, marriage certificate, tax forms, divorce certificate, and so on. Most scanners scan to PDF natively.
Place an X by all the things you've done in your life.
(X) Gone on a blind date
(X) Skipped school
(X) Watched someone die
(X) Been to Canada
( ) Been to Mexico
( ) Been to Florida
(X) Been on a plane
(X) Been lost
(X) Been on the opposite side of the country
( ) Been to Washington, DC
( ) Swam in the ocean
(X) Cried yourself to sleep
(X) Played cops and robber
(X) Recently colored with crayon
(X) Sang karaoke
( ) Paid for a meal with coins only
(X) Done something you told yourself you wouldn't
(X) Made prank phone calls
(X) Laughed until some kind of beverage came out of your nose
(X) Caught a snowflake on your tongue
(X) Danced in the rain
(X) Written a letter to Santa Claus
(X) Been kissed under the mistletoe
( ) Watched the sunrise with someone you care about
(X) Blown bubbles
(X) Gone ice-skating
(X) Been skinny dipping outdoors
(X) Gone to the movies
If you are reading this, please play along on your blog. Share your link to the post in the comments section.
I got tagged by an email friend, Ruth.
1. Any nickname?
Yes, my nickname is Storm. I have grown so accustomed to my nickname that I officially made it part of my name. It's my middle name.
2. Mother's name?
Betty. Yes, that is her official name, not Elizabeth.
3. Body Piercings?
Ears are pierced 3 times each.
4. How much do you love your job?
I love being a mom. I also love being self-employed so that I can make my own schedule.
5. Favorite vacation spot?
I have only vacationed at Seven Springs, PA, in the summer with extended family, so I don't have a favorite vacation spot.
6. Ever eaten cookies for dinner?
Not cookies but have eaten chips for dinner.
7. Ever been on TV?
Yes, for a local charity.
8. Ever steal any traffic sign?
9. Ever been in a car accident?
10. Drive a 2-door or 4-door vehicle?
4-door. 2-door car is too difficult for mothers, especially with young children.
11. Favorite salad dressing?
12. Favorite pie?
Pumpkin and apple.
13. Favorite number?
14. Favorite movie?
Pretty Woman, anything with John Travolta, anything with Nicolas Cage, American President, and a few others.
15. Favorite holiday?
16. Favorite dessert?
Strawberry shortcake, chocolate peanut butter ice cream, and too many other delictables to list.
17. Favorite food?
Sandy's fried chicken, Jonel's potato salad, egg salad, italian.
18. Favorite day of the week?
Any day I'm free to do whatever I want to. Monday when the kids go back to school after the weekend.
19. Favorite brand of body wash?
Bath & Body Works and Oil of Olay brands.
20. Favorite toothpaste?
21. Favorite smell?
Cookies baking; powder-fresh, clean baby smell, lilacs.
22. What do you do to relax?
Blog surfing, bubble baths, read, watch TV.
23. What is your number one pet peeve?
Pick number one to hear English, liars, child abuse.
24. How do you see yourself in 10 years?
25. Do you wear make-up every day?
Yes, mascara and lipstick.
I am moving the monthly holiday celebrations to my scrapbooking blog since I use the list(s) as motivation to scrapbook certain days/holidays.
Check out the May Celebrations list at http://365-days-of-memories.blogspot.com/2008/05/may-celebrations.html.
Picture and documents have hidden data (called metadata) about the type of equipment used, as well as personal information about you. You can remove these details by right-clicking the file icon and selecting Properties. On the Details tab, click Remove Properties and Personal Information. You can remove several properties at a time or all of them by the check boxes next to a property.
Vista added the 'A Program Needs Your Permission to Continue' prompt to help prevent you from inadvertently installing malware or making unauthorized changes to your computer. It's annoying to see that dialog box constantly pop up. You can turn it off by deactivating User Account Control in the User Accounts Control Panel.
In the midst of chaos, pain, and bitterness, I am finding it really difficult to find the joy and grace and gratitude to write my list.
From the bottom of my heart, I am thankful for:
- my dear son, Cameron.
- my dear daughter, Cassandra.
- for my dear friends, Sandy and Teresa, who do no judge me and who constantly listen to my woes and gripes.
- for my newer online friends, Phyllis and Tracey.
- for the rain that nourishes the ground, grass, trees, plants, and flowers to make our world more beautiful.
- for my dear friend, Dave, who mows my yard that has benefited greatly from all the rain, even when I don't have the money to pay him for his services.
- for my dear friend and mechanic, Rick, who fixed my car, even though I don't have the money to pay him for his work and services.
- for God, who provides me with all of my dear friends.
Windows could always capture an image of your desktop (with the PrintScrn key) or an active window (type Alt-PrtSc). With the Snipping Tool, in the Accessories folder, you can snip a portion of the screen, or part of a Web site, document, or picture, and save it as an image file. Keep it handy by checking the option to display an icon of it in the Quick Launch toolbar.
What Doesn't Work for Me is the theme this week.
1. Go to this site: http://www.tatuagemdaboa.com.br/
2. Follow these instructions. Type you first name in the top line. Then type your family name/last name/surname in the second line. It is case sensitive. Do not enter any other information.
3. Click on the Visualizar button.
4. Watch the whole commercial/video.
5. Laugh and enjoy.
A dear online friend, Phyllis, tagged me for this meme.
Here are the rules of the game (post these first).
(1) Each player answers questions about themselves.
(2) At the end of the post, tag 5 people by posting their names.
(3) Go their site/blog and leave a comment telling them that they have been Tagged. Invite them to your site/blog so they can read the Tagged post.
(4) Let the person who tagged you know when you have completed your Tagged post.
1. What were you doing 10 years ago?
About ten years ago I was my son was a newborn so I was experiencing motherhood for the first time. I was dealing with severe post-partum depression and struggling to find my place in this world with a new, special needs son that the father doesn't want.
2. What are 5 things on your "To Do" list?
Scrubbing kitchen floor.
Finding a man who will cherish me and my children.
Finding new clients for my businesses so I can pay the bills.
Pulling myself out of this "funk" and move forward in my life.
3. What are 5 snacks you enjoy?
Chocolate, Lay's Classic Potato Chips with french onion dip, chocolate, oatmeal raisin cookies, chocolate.
4. Name some things you would do if you were a millionaire.
I would pay off all of my debt, pay off this house, install a fence, garden, & security system, remodel the kitchen. I would also get two brand new vehicles; one car and one SUV. I would also donate money to a charity and a ministry. The rest of the money would be put in a trust fund for my children and invested.
5. Name some places where you have lived.
I have lived all over the United States courtesy of the United States Army. I was in the United States Reserves for 9 years.
6. Name some bad habits you have.
I'm a casual smoker. I am addicted to caffeine... I HAVE to have my Mt Dew! At times, I am a big procrastinator.
7. Name some jobs you have had.
Mother, foster mother, educational advocate and consultant, elementary grade teacher, high school teacher, community college teacher, scrapbook teacher and consultant, organizational guru, business owner, hostess, waitress, counselor to pregnant teens, career counselor, counselor to drug addicts, therapist. I'm sure I forgot a few.
8. Name those whom you are tagging.
Kristin at CIDP and Me, Kristen at We are THAT Family, Jen at Absolutely Bananas, Stacey at Real World Mom, and Tracey at Grace Comes by Hearing.