Pages

Amber Alert

Works for Me Wednesday #2

What Doesn't Work for Me is the theme this week.

What doesn't work for me is plastic grocery bags.

I want to do what I can to be eco-friendly and green savvy so I save the plastic bags from the discount stores and grocery stores in empty tissue boxes (great organization tip) and reuse the bags as garbage bags for the car and small trash cans in the bathroom and the kids' rooms.

Also its very difficult to carry 2, 3, 4 bags at a time, especially if my fibromyalgia or polyneuropathy is acting up. The straps of the bags hurt the palm of my hands; cutting into my hands and stopping the circulation in my hands and causing my hands and arms to go prematurely numb. Aggravating. To help carry the bags, I use the rubber jar openers/grips. Its a lot less strain on my hands. Place the grip into the palm of your hand then grab several bags.

Check out more tips and useful information at Rocks In My Dryer at http://rocksinmydryer.typepad.com/.

3 cherished words:

Rachel said...

that is very smart. yeah the plastic ones stink.

mah-meeee said...

great idea, carrying tons of groceries in the house does hurt my hands at times too.

a subsitute for the jar opener i use is the anti-slip drawer liners.

thanks for stopping by my blog!

Unknown said...

Thanks for taking the time to comment.

 
Bookmark and Share