Do you consider yourself to be an optimist or a pessimist?
When alone after the children are tucked in bed, a pessimist. Overall, I'm a "half-full glass" kind of gal.
What is your favorite color of ink to write with?
How often do you get a manicure or pedicure? Do you do them yourself or go to a salon and pay for them?
I don't have the money in my tight budget to get a manicure or pedicure.
Have you ever won anything online? If so, what was it?
Yes, I recently (within the past month) won scrapbook paper from Haute Artist.
In which room in your house do you keep your home computer?
The computer sits in the office/craft studio.
For more fun answers and to visit other participants, go to Friday's Feast.
Articles about Movies, Harry, and More
Harry Potter Prequel Sells for $52,000
Wikipedia Definition of Harry Potter
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Rowling and Radcliffe Make Forbes Celebrity List for 2008
HPANA (Harry Potter Automatic News Aggregator)
Games and Other Harry Potter Fun
Harry Potter - The Official Site
J.K. Rowling Official Site
MuggleNet - The ultimate Harry Potter fan site.
Harry Potter Lexicon
The Leaky Cauldron
Harry Potter Realm of Wizardry
(Click on the phrases/titles to go to the different sites.)
What is one of your most important assets?
It’s your attitude! Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it. So how can we change a bad attitude? First, look for the positive. Abraham Lincoln said, "If you look for the bad in mankind expecting to find it, you surely will." Second, refuse to be a victim. Self-pity is a luxury no one can afford. Third, give up grudges. They only clog the veins of a positive attitude. Finally, changing an attitude won’t occur overnight so be patient and don’t give up.
Remember your family first.
- I love you. (To my two children.)
- Want a belly rub? (To Champ, my Chihuahua.)
- Is the computer working? (I NEED my computer/Internet time.)
- Sna-a-ap. (Someone, somewhere will say something they shouldn't.)
- Go potty. (To Champ.)
- Thank you, God, for another day. (After I wake in the morning.)
- Thank you, God, for getting me through another day. (As I lay my head down to sleep at night.)
- Did you take your pills? (My children are both on life-saving medication.)
- Is it hot in here? (Having hot flashes is not fun.)
- Turn it up. (I love my music loud.)
- Stop fighting... stop bickering... stop! (To my children as they get into fight #1xx.)
- Why me? (I ask myself each day as I experience another day as a single mother to two special needs kids, 1 gifted, 1 w/ mental health issues.)
- Hello. (As I answer the phone.)
Did you know that bottle of hydrogen peroxide, the familiar brown bottle, has lots of uses besides cleaning cuts and boo-boos?
I love it when a product has more than one use.
- Put hydrogen peroxide in a spray bottle to clean and sanitize shower tiles.
- Put hydrogen peroxide in a spray bottle to clean and sanitize cutting boards.
- Use hydrogen peroxide as a mild bleach to brighten clothes in the laundry.
- Use hydrogen peroxide as a mild bleach to remove stains on carpets and grout. (Do a spot test first; it may bleach color.)
- Use hydrogen peroxide to clean vegetables and fruits. Soak vegetables and fruits in a sinkful of cold water and 1/4 cup peroxide for just a few minutes. Then swish and rinse.
- Use hydrogen peroxide to help provide strong growth for your plants. Add a few drops of peroxide to the water then water plants as usual.
For more great tips and ideas, check out Rocks in My Dryer.
As we grow up, we learn that even the one person that wasn't supposed to ever let you down probably will. You will have your heart broken probably more than once and it's harder every time. You'll break hearts too, so remember how it felt when yours was broken. You'll fight with your best friend. You'll blame a new love for things an old one did. You'll cry because time is passing too fast, and you'll eventually lose someone you love.
So take pictures, pictures and more pictures,
laugh and laugh and laugh out loud, and
love like you've never been hurt because every sixty seconds you spend upset is a minute of happiness you'll never get back.
My friend, Phyllis, did not tag me but she did ask me to do this fun meme.
I am not tagging anyone, but if you decide to play please leave me a comment letting me know you are participating, so I can come and visit you to learn more about you.
Two Names You Go By:
2. Darling; my friend, Art, has a hard time pronouncing my first name (and its not a difficult name) so he calls me darling with a fun twang to it.
Two Things You Are Wearing Right Now:
Two Of Your Favorite Things:
1. My children.
2. The computer.
Two Things You Want Very Badly At The Moment:
1. Central air conditioning.
2. A life partner/someone to love me and accept me.
Two Favorite Pets You Have Or Had:
1. Princess and Willie, American Cocker Spaniels.
2. Champ, Chihuahua.
Two Things You Did Last Night:
1. Watched TV.
2. Ate a snack.
Two Things You Ate Last Night:
1. Turkey, mashed potatoes, and corn for dinner.
2. Honey mustard Pringles potato chips for snack.
Two People You Last Talked To:
2. Emergency room staff.
Two Things You Are Doing Tomorrow:
Two of Farthest Trips Taken In The Last 5 Years:
Two Favorite Holidays:
Two Favorite Beverages:
1. Mountain Dew.
2. Aquafina Flavor Splash water.
She says... and you think...
Rambling :: thoughts.
Magnetic :: letters.
Again! :: again and again.
Acoustic :: guitar.
Mahogany :: furniture.
Promises :: broken.
Ill fitting :: clothes.
Sublime :: what is?
Poop :: glad my children are out of diapers.
Disoriented :: transient global amnesia (not a good thing to be diagnosed with).
To participate or to read the mutterings of others, check out Unconscious Mutterings.