Pages

Amber Alert

Hurts Everyday

As I went downstairs for the familiar routine of letting CiCi, my beloved Chihuahua, out and turning on the lights.  Suddenly, the thought hit me, hit me hard:  Is that part of the problem?  I want to have that wonderful feeling of looking forward to the end of the day and being with someone who loves me and whom I love?

Yes, it is what I want, what I crave.

Sadly, I have not found that.  I'm 44 years old and I have not found that.

I'm at the point where I do not believe I will find that.

And that hurts.  Hurts everyday.

2 cherished words:

AudreyO said...

At 44, I'm sure you've done it before, but my suggestion is to change up your activities. Take a new class, volunteer for a new non profit. Every time I involve myself in a new activity I meet new people. This summer I had the opportunity to work with our local food bank. I met a few people who were just awesome and I love having in my life.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the advice, Audrey.

 
Bookmark and Share