September is National Sewing Month
Jo-Ann Stores and Joann.com are hosting a month long sewing party. View a new sewing project every day at Pinterest during the month of September.
National Sewing Month is the official host for the month. There are free projects, educational articles, and how-to directions for the whole month.
2012 National Sewing Month Sew for the FUN of It! Contest
What do you consider a fun sewing project? Is it a new party outfit, a bed for your dog, or a wild & crazy shower curtain? This year, NationalSewingMonth.org is sponsoring a contest. No categories, no limitation - sew what YOU consider fun. Check out all the rules and guidelines here.
The observance of National Sewing Month began in 1982 with a proclamation from President Ronald Reagan declaring September as National Sewing Month "in recognition of the importance of home sewing to our Nation."
Get Involved in National Sewing Month
- Teach a family member or friend to sew.
- Volunteer your time and teach sewing to a local youth organization, like Girl Scouts or 4-H Club.
- Join your local chapter of the American Sewing Guild.
- Take a class at a your local craft store.
- Create your own sewing circle of friends - it's fun to sew with others.
Please share your crafts/sewing projects by sharing a link via the comments section.