Pages

Amber Alert

Were They Out There?

Were they out there?

I stared out the window, not thinking or caring about all the traffic rushing up and down the street.  I couldn't see anything, but I felt . . . something.  It was weird to think of a person stalking you, wanting to hurt you, or kill you for no reason other than that they didn't like you.  It was crazy.

I felt more than just fear.  I was filled with curiosity and anger and other hateful emotions.  The idea of prey and hunter intrigued me.  What would they do if I became the stalker?  If I tried to turn the tables on that creep?

Not that I would do anything like that, I thought regretfully.

I couldn't be expected not to fight back, could I?

Yes, they were watching.  I could feel it.  They were close and getting closer.  I would be forced to confront them soon.


0 cherished words:

 
Bookmark and Share