Pages

Amber Alert

Family Minute #23

Show Them What They’re Worth

Would you take a million dollars for your children? How about ten million or 100 million? Of course, if given the choice between money and your child, you would choose your child. However, you may choose other things over your children without even thinking about it. Things like watching TV, sitting at your computer, or talking on the phone. When this happens often, it sends a message to the child that whatever you are doing is more important or worth more to you than they are.

Learn simple ways to demonstrate to your child how much they are worth to you.

Remember your family first.

5 cherished words:

Phyl said...

You make a very valid point in this post:). I always tried to stop what I was doing and see what my kids needed...someday they will all be moved out and living lives of their own. Then, I can do anything that I put on hold for that moment.

Anonymous said...

So very true and I definitely needed to read this! Thanks!

Nydia said...

That's why I prefer to do whatever I want like reading the papers, surfing at the computer, taking a long shower, only after my son is alrady asleep. As he (thank gods, and thanks to our effort to keep this habit since he was a little baby - if that's possible, but you know what I mean) sleeps early, around 8:30pm, I have time to myself without feeling bad. Some may say that I am "pampering" him or making him think that I can't have a time for me, but I don't think like that. he's too small, and time will fly so fast...

Wani said...

What a great reminder!

Unknown said...

Thanks, all, for taking the time to post and for letting me know that I am not alone in showing that our children are our number one priority is the best thing we can do as parents.

 
Bookmark and Share