Pages

Amber Alert

The List

I know I probably should have outgrown this by now, but somehow I'm always surprised when someone -- or something -- lets me down. I expect a certain something -- call it quality -- from the things and the people that surround me, which in itself is not such a bad trait. But all too often is the surprising disappointment that comes when something -- or someone -- fails you.

The upside is that you start to develop The List. That is, the list of people and things that don't ever disappoint. There is something comforting about the old faithfuls on The List.

Here, in no particular order, is a partial sampling of my list.

  • Extra Cool Watermelon gum... lasts a long time.
  • Bath & Body Works anti-bacterial foaming hand soap in yummy scents, such as Cucumber Melon and Black Raspberry Vanilla.
  • 3 Musketeers Mint candy bar... chocolate is a soothing friend to a single mother.
  • Mt. Dew... ice-cold, refreshing.
  • My mother rings... I have a ring for each child that is personalized with their name, birthstone, and birth date. Some of my most treasured items! I never take them off. It is a talisman, a security blanket, a coat of armor.
  • My friend Sandy... discreet confidante, excellent cook, generous friend, wonderful babysitter.
  • Washing machine... after 5 floods in 8 weeks, 3 years later its still running strong... also means I'm alive and my children are alive to dirty those clothes every day.
  • My Champ, 8 month young Chihuahua... loves me no matter what.

What's on your list?



1 cherished words:

Melessa Gregg said...

That's a great List! Thanks for visiting my TT!

 
Bookmark and Share