Pages

Amber Alert

Computer Tips #12 - r u tuned out?

Gone are the days when kids were safe just as long as they were at home and under your nose. Today's children can access the world from a growing number of portable gadgets, and depending on what they do with this ability, could potentially invite a world of danger into their lives.

Text Messaging and Email Abbreviations

121 - one to one
420 - code for buying or smoking marijuana
ADN - any day now
AFAIK - as far as I know
AFK - away from keyboard
A/S/L - age, sex, location (often asked by predators)
B4 - before
B4N - bye for now
BAK - back at the keyboard
BF - boyfriend
BFN - bye for now
BG - big grin
BRB - be right back
BTA - but then again
BTW - by the way
BWTG - big way to go
CID - crying in disgrace
CNP - continued (in my) next post
CP - chat post
CU - see you
CUL - see you later
CYL - see you later
CYO - see you online
DBAU - doing business as usual
DD - dear or darling daughter
DF - dear or darling friend
DH - dear or darling husband
DS - dear or darling son
FUD - fear, uncertainty, and doubt
FWIW - for what it's worth
FYI - for your information
G2G - got to go
G - grin
GA - go ahead
GAL - get a life
GBU - God bless you
GF - girlfriend
GFN - gone for now that
GMBO - giggling my butt off
GMTA - great minds think alike
GTG - got to go
GTRM - going to read mail
HAGN - have a good night
HAND - have a nice day
HDOP - help delete online predators
HHIS - hanging head in shame
HTH - hope this helps
IAC - in any case
IAE - in any event
IANAL - I am not a lawyer (but)
IC - I see
IDK - I don't know
IMHO - in my humble opinion or in my honest opinion
IMNSHO - in my not so humble opinion
IMO - in my opinion
IMPE - in my personal opinion
IOW - in other words
IPN - I’m posting naked
IRL - in real life
ISP - Internet service provider
JK - just kidding
JM2C - just my two cents
KWIM - know what I mean?
L8R - later
LD - later, dude
LDR - long distance relationship
LLTA - lots and lots of thunderous applause
LMIRL - let's meet in real life
LMBO - laughing my butt off
LMSO - laughing my socks off
LOL - laughing out loud
LTR - long term relationship or later
LULAB - love you like a brother
LULAS - love you like a sister
LYLAS - love you like a sister
M/F - male or female
MOS - mother over shoulder
NP - no problem
OLL - online love
OTOH - on the other hand
OTP - on the phone
P911 - parent alert
PAW - parents are watching
POS - parents over shoulder
RAK - random act of kindness
RENTS - parents
ROFLMBO - rolling on floor laughing my butt off
RPG - role playing games
SHID - slaps head in disgust
SO - significant other
SOMY - sick of me yet?
SOT - short of time
SUP - what's up?
SYS - see you soon
THX - thanks
TIA - thanks in advance
TTYL - talk to you later
TTYS - talk to you soon
VBG - very big grin
WB - welcome back
W/E - whatever
WFM - works for me
WIBNI - wouldn't it be nice if
WTGP - want to go private?
WTG - way to go
YM - young man
YW - you’re welcome
YVW - you're very welcome
ZZZ - tired or bored

For more email and text messaging abbreviations, go to Logged On and Tuned Out.

3 cherished words:

Momisodes said...

Wow....that is quite an extensive list. Thanks so much for posting this. I've seen a few of those before and did not know their meaning.

Luanne said...

OMG -"Oh Mother Ginger"...that's what my kids say...they love The Nutcracker. Anyway, great info...thanks!!

World's Greatest Mommy said...

I will NEVER get the hang of all these! I need to print them out and post them so I can fake being cool.

 
Bookmark and Share