Pages

Amber Alert

National Teacher Appreciation Week

Teacher Appreciation Week
First Full week in May

National Teachers Day
First Tuesday in May

Teacher Appreciation Day & Week
Tuesday, May 5, 2009/May 4-8, 2009


The Teacher Gets A+

(
Name of teacher),
I look forward to your class
When I come to school.
You're an awesome teacher;
I think you're very cool.

You're smart and fair and friendly;
You're helping all of us.
And if I got to grade you,
From me you'd get A+!


Number One Teacher

(Name of teacher),
I'm happy that you're my teacher;
I enjoy each lesson you teach.
As my role model you inspire me
To dream and to work and to reach.

With your kindness you get my attention;
Every day you are planting a seed
Of curiosity and motivation
To know and to grow and succeed.

You help me fulfill my potential;
I'm thankful for all that you've done.
I admire you each day, and I just want to say,
As a teacher, you're number one!


A Teacher for All Seasons

A teacher is like Spring,
Who nurtures new green sprouts,
Encourages and leads them,
Whenever they have doubts.

A teacher is like Summer,
Whose sunny temperament
Makes studying a pleasure,
Preventing discontent.

A teacher is like Fall,
With methods crisp and clear,
Lessons of bright colors
And a happy atmosphere.

A teacher is like Winter,
While it’s snowing hard outside,
Keeping students comfortable,
As a warm and helpful guide.

Teacher, you do all these things,
With a pleasant attitude;
You’re a teacher for all seasons,
And you have my gratitude!


Candy Bowl

Get an inexpensive bowl from the dollar store and write Teacher Appreciation Bowl on it. Everyday I put a different sign in it:

On Monday the sign said "You are lifesaver to our kids! Thank you for all your hard work." Then fill the bowl with individual wrapped lifesavers.

On Tuesday the sign said, "You plant the seeds of knowledge in our children." Then fill the bowl with individual bags of sunflower seeds in it.

On Wednesday the sign said "Because of you our kids are not DumDums." Then fill the bowl with DumDum lollipops.

On Thursday the sign said "Hugs and Kisses for everything you do." Then fill bowl with bags of Hershey's hugs and kisses.

On Friday the sign said "You deserve a "Carefree" week-end. You are a much appreciated group of teachers and staff!" Then fill the bowl with Carefree gum.


There are lots of other ideas that you can use such as Smarties candies and 100 Grand candy bars ("You are worth a grand."), etc.


These are the cards I made for the teacher whose classroom I volunteer in and for my kids' teachers.



0 cherished words:

 
Bookmark and Share