Pages

Amber Alert

Burned

Burned by Carol Higgins Clark

"At the Waikiki Waters and Playground and Resort, where Kit, one of Regan's best friends, has been staying, the body of dorinda Dawes washes ashore. Around her neck is an exquisite and historically valuable shell lei that once belonged to a Hawaiian princess. Will Brown, the manager of the resort, doesn't believe that it's an accidental drowning. Strange things have been happening at Waikiki Waters. Luggage has gone missing, food has been tainted, and tubes of suntan lotion are being dropped into the toilets. Will meets Regan in the hotel lobby and convinces here to get on the case. Once Regan starts digging she comes across all sorts of suspicious characters. The closer she gets to the truth, the more danger she's in. Is the culprit someone from the tour group visiting from Hudville, a town where it rains 89 percent of the time? Is it one of the employees at the hotel? Could it be Jazzy, a social climber who has a job house-sitting on the Big Island?"

I have to admit, I was very apprehensive when I started reading books by Carol Higgins Clark because I love her mother's books so much. I thought there was no way that Carol could compete in the same league as her mother. I was wrong. This is another great mystery series! I love the character of Regan Reilly. I love Clark's sense of humor and quirky characters as well as the unpredictable mysteries.

Rating (1, lowest; 5, highest): 4+

0 cherished words:

 
Bookmark and Share