Pages

Amber Alert

Encounters

** Note: This is an intimate, controversial topic. **

People have sexual encounters for a variety of reasons. What is your reason? Because you have something in common? Yes, having something in common is a connection but is that a reason to have sex?

These days sexual encounters is so common and almost expressionless. I don't want my children growing up and having sexual encounters just because "it's the thing to do."

I think there has to be mutual respect, experiences shared, emotional involvement, in addition to true libidinous desire.

What scares me is that so many people, young and old, get involved in sexual encounters just because there is lust. Sometimes very little lust.

Many get involved in sexual encounters because of loneliness.

Lust

  • Lust (or lechery) is an inordinate craving for coitus often to the point of assuming a self-indulgent, and sometimes violent character.
  • Lust, or an immoderate desire for the flesh of another outside of matrimony, is considered a sin, or impure act.
  • Lust, the an inordinate craving for sex; lechery.
  • Synonyms: crave, hunger, thirst, starve, desire, want, sensual appetite, erotic hunger.
Is it worth your self-worth or your self-respect to have a fun few minutes?

I am not judging; I am talking from experience. My two biological children have two different fathers.

I love my children but both of their fathers have nothing to do with the children, not emotionally, physically, nor financially. Was it worth the few minutes of fun and sweat to deal with years of being a single mother? Yes. Because I have two beautiful children. No. Because I made a mistake and I have to admit that to my children often because they want to know why they don't have a father. Yes. Because my children are wonderful people and have a future full of promise. No. Because my life would of went down a different path and there will always be the unanswered "what ifs" in the back of my mind.

I write this from my heart and ask that you not judge my thoughts.

In case you don't know me, I do love my children and love them with all my heart (so please don't get the wrong idea when reading my ramblings).

0 cherished words:

 
Bookmark and Share